Sunday, July 25, 2010

Happy Christmas in July!

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...

Hello everyone!

It is 154 days until Christmas. woohoo! Normally I don't count them until December, but since it's Christmas in July I thought it'd be nice to know!

I've been watching QVC online today. For the whole weekend they are doing Christmas items. It really puts me in the mood! I want to put my tree up while listening to holiday tunes, and then watch A Christmas Story. It's not too early, is it? I'm just getting a jump start on the season!

Remember a few weeks ago I made the post about the new stash? I figured out what I wanted to make with it. I did a little Christmas in July package for home.

And I finally finished Lisa's gift from last Christmas. Terrible, huh? But it gave me a great excuse to send a Christmas in July package to her! This is what I made for her...

scarf for Lisa

I hope that she likes it. I hope she got it already too. Guess I should say "spoiler alert!" I had made one for my sister and myself too, in different colors though. After I finished this last one, I decided to not make this pattern again. Got a little burnt out on it! But I do like how they turned out. This is the yarn I used for them:


It's 70% Baby Alpaca, and 30% Silk. Very nice stuff! The purple is called Galaxy, the very light green is Eucalyptus, and the gray is Cumulus. I love the names they assigned to them! Knit Picks has great yarn, if you ask me.

I also did a package for Mom and Pam.

awww....cute, huh?

I did a little mitten garland (remember my mitten post?) and also did some old fashioned light bulbs. Those great big ones, the C7s? They turned out pretty cool! It was a little tricky at first, getting them to look right. I think it took me 4 tries before I liked them. But I really liked how they turned out. I'm going to have to make some for myself too, I think!

These were also included in both packages.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

I didn't have time to make all 4 for each of them. They each got one. These are definitely going to be made for myself too! Just love them.

I hope that you all have a great Christmas in July if you celebrated it. I know I did!

Have a holly, jolly Christmas. It's the best time of the year...


xxx

No comments: