Thursday, February 4, 2010

That groundhog doesn't know what he's talking about.

Hello there everyone! How are we this afternoon? It is Thursday now, and that means a day off from work for me. (Part-time work roolz!!) For a beginning-of-February day, it's pretty nice outside! It's in the upper 40s F (around 9C), which you'll have to admit is a little warm for this time of year. What a switch from the freezing temps (and snow/rain, and wind) we've been having! Pretty soon the crocus will start coming up, and the trees will be budding...and soon after that I'll be complaining about how hot I am. hee hee! But for now, I'll just enjoy this unexpected nice-ish weather. How is it where you are?

In spite of this warmer-than-average winter day, I'm still thinking of Christmas. Even though we just celebrated it (and what a fabulous time it was this year!), I still can't wait for the next one. I really am a Christmas freak. I keep thinking of the decorations I'm going to be doing next year. Each year they're a little different. I don't usually buy new things, I just arrange them differently. But next year I might splurge on some fresh greens to hang on the door. While on a walk through the neighborhood in December I saw on someone's door a bunch of mistletoe, holly and pine boughs (I think? I didn't get close enough to examine details!) all tied together in a swag, and I loved it! I wish I had taken a picture of it, because I really would like to recreate something similar for my door next year. I guess I have plenty of time to think about it, huh? And there is a holly tree right next to our building. I wonder if I'll be able to "trim" it for them?

I think in order to keep the Spirit of Christmas alive the whole year through (ha, like I have to work at keeping that alive?!), I am going to watch one Christmas movie a month on one of my days off. No, I won't make anyone else watch them with me. Yes, I have enough movies to last the whole year. Yes, I've seen them all over and over already, but they're classics! And yes, I'll make sure that all the blinds are closed and the volume is low enough so that the neighbors won't know I'm watching Christmas movies in the middle of summer. ;)

And I think I'll start that Spirit of Christmas Movie of the Month Movie: February right now...

Have yourself a merry little...oops. I mean... Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: