Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I was totally not expecting anything for this holiday this year, because it is on a Sunday for one thing, and most places are not open on a Sunday. And for another thing, today was the beginning of Carnaval here, so most places that ARE open on Sundays would be closed for the holiday. (It's big here - think Mardi Gras in New Orleans!) But when the door bell rang today, look what it was....

My Valentine flowers

My favorites, even. Tulips! Pretty red and white ones. They almost look Christmas-y, don't they? Ha, I can make anything seem like Christmas!! Aww...thanks, Honey! I love them. *kiss kiss*

You can see what else arrived on Friday in the picture. My mom got me a subscription to Country Living (the American one) and it gets sent here. This was the first one. I was SOOOO excited to see that! I waited until Saturday morning to read it, when I could put my feet up and really look at every picture and read every page. Even the ads! Yep, pretty excited was I to get this magazine.

I hope you all had lovely weekends. Is anyone watching the Olympics? I haven't been keeping up with it much. I'm not big into sports, so I don't pay attention really. The only thing I usually watch are the opening ceremonies, and because of the time difference, they were on at like 3am here. So I skipped those too this year. I do know that a Dutch male speed skater won the gold that he was favored to win. So go Netherlands!

Enjoy your day, my friends!

No comments: