Sunday, February 28, 2010

IK BEN GESLAAGD!!!!

That's Dutch for "I PASSED!!!" meaning I heard the results of that test that I went to take a few weeks ago. Yay!!!!!!! That is such a relief! No more classes! yay! In two weeks I have to go to Utrecht to pick up the actual diploma. Yep, they give you a piece of paper that says you passed everything. And I have to travel 2 1/2 hours each way by train to spend 10 minutes picking up said piece of paper. I have no idea why they don't just mail them. I suppose it's just one more way to make sure we can survive in The Netherlands. But there's some nice shopping in Utrecht, so it'll be worth it!

In other news, I did a little sewing this weekend. Really a very little bit of sewing. Here is what I made:

the new valance

It's above the windows in our living room. Before, I felt like the ceiling and the walls and the window blinds were all blending together into one big beige blankness. I wanted to break up that monotony a little bit. We got the fabric and the curtain wire (see the picture below) at Ikea. The fabric came pre-hemmed at the top and bottom. How awesome is that! So I only had to sew up the two ends, and voila! Valance Made!

curtain wire (sorry it's blurry!)

And I love this curtain wire too. It makes it really easy to change things whenever you feel like it. Seasonally, or just when you want a new look.

How have things been for you? Good, I hope! And how is the weather there? It's been raining here all week, but at least it's a little warmer, so no snow or ice. And coming home on the bus the other night I saw a patch of grass that had little yellow spots all over it. Last year at this time when I saw the same thing, I didn't know what it was. I thought that someone had made a mess and not cleaned up after themselves. But now I know better. It's crocus! The crocus are coming up! Spring is coming! That made my day. :)

I hope you had a great weekend, and may you soon see the crocus growing in your own green grass.

xoxo

No comments: