Sunday, January 31, 2010

Last day of January already?!

Hello everyone! I hope you're all having a good weekend. Mine is moving along just fine. Too fast, though. Don't they always? We were planning on going out to see a movie tonight, but Old Man Winter thought otherwise. We got some snow here, and since they don't deal well with snow in this country, we decided it was better to just play it safe and stay in. Yay for Pajama Sundays!! (We do this so often we've named it! Isn't that pathetic?)

Since I found myself with some free time, I thought I'd try a new recipe I've been meaning to have a go at. It's Brownie Cupcakes by Martha Stewart (she gives a lot of inspiration with her recipes and crafts!).

Don't they look deelish??

She put chocolate frosting on hers, but I tried mine with peanut butter frosting. They turned out fantastic! The frosting does not measure up to Grammie's chocolate-peanut butter frosting, but that's ok. Nothing ever will live up to that!

And in an effort to keep my blog from being way too girly, here's some techie stuff. Have you SEEN the latest Apple gizmo? The iPad? Go check it out here. At first I was thinking "oh, it's just a giant iTouch" and "who would really need this thing?"  But I kept thinking about it (which is probably what Apple had planned all along!), and realized that *I* could use this thing! The portability of it. All the cool apps, not to mention the big standards (email, photos, music). And if I had some disposable income, I probably would be out buying one right now. What a fun toy that would be to play with!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! I'll talk to you soon...

No comments: