Thursday, November 15, 2012

November already?

Ok, enough slacking, it’s the middle of November already! Good grief! Usually August, September and October drag by for me, seemingly taking forever. The wait for Halloween is a long one. But after that, it’s like you’re on a downhill roller coaster.  The days FLY by speeding their way to Christmas. The day/season that I wait for all year. But this year, July-October FLEW by. We were so busy! We had a vacation at the end of September just 3 weeks after moving. And the MOVING...ugh. It’s still kicking my ass. Which means I don’t have any ta-da photos yet. They might have to wait till Christmas photos. I am determined that at least the living room will be boxless for Christmas.

I’ve got my work cut out for me. Gah, how do two adults collect so much STUFF?! Trying to figure out where to put everything in an organized manner is taking longer than I planned/wanted. I think it will be a work-in-progress for some time to come. But we’re adjusting to the new place quite easily. I’m getting used to not having everything I need within 10 feet of me anymore (kidding - the old place wasn’t THAT small, but almost). Getting used to having an upstairs and downstairs. This place is so much bigger. It’s fantastic to have more space! Like Ludi's sister said, we can waltz in our bedroom. It's huge! We love it!

I do miss the old neighborhood a little bit. I miss being so close to the neighborhood shopping center. I don’t really miss the neighbors though. The barking dogs. The seemingly constant coming and going of loud motor scooters. When I walk back to that neighborhood, I get a little nostalgic. We lived there for 5 1/2 years. It’s hard to not get a little attached after that long.

But the old apartment I don’t miss. One. Tiny. Bit.

Nope.


Not a smidge.


xxx

1 comment:

Gayle said...

Hear you about the moving. Tim, kids & I just moved to CA at the beginning of this month. Didn't know we had so much stuff. Hopefully will get it all settled before Christmas.