Thursday, August 16, 2012

Where have I been?

I fell off the face of the Earth for a while, that’s where I’ve been. July was so busy with family things (three birthdays, and a family getaway (the entire family! 11 of us!) in Germany for Ludi’s parent’s 50th wedding anniversary - Go go Mia & Louis!). The entire month just flew by. And now we’re in August. And it’s flying too! Thankfully, because I think August is my least favorite month. Something about the heat, I guess.

There are a couple of reasons that this month is flying. At the beginning of the month (well, actually starting July 27), I was part of Team Owlie 2012 doing the Ravellenic Games. It was a knitting contest with Ravelry that coincided with the Olympics. So all during the Olympics I was working on knitting projects that had to be finished by the end of the official games. I just barely made it (I’m a slow knitter). Here is what I made!


another Frangiflutti (made for Mom’s friend Judy)

more popcorns! Now I have 46 total. (made for me!)

When you post your finished project, you get a “medal” and everything (a photo of one made by someone at Ravelry. Not a photo of an actual Olympic medal. That might infringe on copyright, right? *wink*) I was worried that I wasn’t going to finish them, because while all this was going on, we

SIGNED A CONTRACT ON A NEW PLACE!!!!! A rental, but still! We’re moving! YESSSS!!! It’s a much bigger place, which is so needed. Three bedrooms, as opposed to our 1 1/2 here. (I call it a 1/2 a bedroom because it’s so freaking small. A single bed barely fits in there.) Just so much more room. And no upstairs neighbors! YES! Even better. Can’t wait to move in.

The month has been filled with appointments with repair men, picking paint and flooring, buying paint and flooring, cleaning, etc. The rest of the month will be filled with packing and moving. It’s going to be quite a haul to get ourselves moved in time, but we’ve got to do it. We have a deadline. So we’ve gotta be out of here completely by August 30th.

And I keep looking at everything that still needs packed (everything, basically).

Panic.


How much of this stuff do I really need?


xxx

No comments: