Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Newest project

My latest obsession project is hot buttered popcorn. Minus the hot. And the buttered. But it is still popcorn.

get it while it's hot

The pattern is from KnitPicks Winter Wonderful pattern set. It comes with a whole bunch of patterns for Christmassy items, but truthfully I really only bought it for the knitted string of popcorn and cranberries. My desire was to make garland for the tree.

I think it’s going to be a very long term project. Because these little beauties are fiddly. Each one takes me about an hour. Maybe as I make more I’ll get better/faster, but for now, they’re time sucking little things. But I am enamored with them, so I’ll keep knitting. Maybe for this year I’ll just have a short garland to go over a picture, or something? Or over my non-existing mantle? I know it seems like I should be able to get further than a 3 foot/1 meter strand, but I’m only doing one a day. The frustration level is a little high on these too. That’s all I can do in one day. One kernel of popcorn. So it’s going to take me a while to even get to that length.

But aren’t they cute?!

cuter than the real thing

A fat free snack.


xxx

No comments: