Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Street Market

This past Sunday there was a street market in our neighborhood. They do it every year at the end of March. This was the first time I've been to it. I didn't really know what to expect, but I figured it would be a few booths selling things. I don't know what kinds of things I was thinking they'd be selling. I guess I didn't think about it.

I didn't expect it to be like the market that we have down town every Wednesday and Friday. Smaller, but with the same kind of booths. Food (warm stroopwafels...mmmm, those smelled so heavenly), plants, fruits, clothes, shoes, cleaning supplies, pet stuff. Everything under the sun! And it was crowded too.

booths all the way to the end of the building in the back

You can't really tell how crowded it was from this photo. I have another one that shows more people, but they are a little too easy to recognize, so I'm not going to post it. (I should have waited until everyone had their backs turned.)

The market took up the whole block, a main street through the neighborhood. It was fun to shop in the middle of the street! I kept thinking "Hey look! I'm right in the middle of the street! Cars drive RIGHT. HERE. " I'm a dork. What can I say.

The shops were open too. I took advantage of that by going into the local yarn shop and bought some cotton thread/yarn for my next project. I had a little conversation with the owner, and she paid me a compliment, saying that I speak very good Dutch (for being here for just 5 years).

I'm definitely going back there again.


Flattery will get you repeat customers.


xxx

No comments: