Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Knitty Show and Tell

Ludi's work gloves were falling apart (the ones he wears under the leather gloves that keep his hands dry. He works in a freezer, where it's -35 degrees Celcius all the time.). I wish I had a before picture to show you. In one fingertip there was a giant hole. There were probably 5 other holes that needed patched too.  It was one sad pair of gloves.

So I patched those up for him best that I could, and decided that I'd make him a new pair. Since I'm a knitter and all, right?! I can do that! I bought some (hopefully) warm wool/polyester mix yarn and went to work. This is what flew off my needles.

Glover gloves, from Ravelry

My first pair of gloves! What do you think?

Since his fingers tend to get extra cold, I doubled the yarn to do the fingers. He says they work better than the other pair, so

SUCCESS!!!

I even got to use my DPNs on this project (on the fingers). I can knit with DPNs now too! YES! All around win, right?!

After finishing these I took a break for a while and made some puffs.

 wheeee! lovely puffs...

And when I needed a break from puffs, I started a shawl. I've been wanting to make a shawl for a while. Something a little more challenging than just stockinette. There were so many patterns that were so pretty I had trouble deciding. I ended up with the Ashton Shawlette on Ravelry.

mohair-wanna-be softiness

It's coming along well, so far. It sheds like crazy, but that's alright. That's the nature of the yarn, I guess. I hope this one turns out better than the pink tent I made (that was supposed to be a capelette). If it turns out nice, I'll show it off. If you never hear of it again, you know how well it ended up.

What have you guys been up to lately?


xxx

No comments: