Thursday, March 8, 2012

Spring is coming!

It should be here in full force soon. It's still a little chilly here, but with these in bloom, it can't be far away, can it?

purple stripes!

Sorry about the blur on that photo. You should see the other shots - this was the best one! Wait...

...you SHOULD see the other shots.

what is my phone looking at? The dirt?!

slightly better, but not great

I should have known to take my camera with me on my walk the other day. But I totally didn't think about it until I saw the crocus. Which at first I thought was a bunch of garbage strewn across the ground. There were clumps of white in the lawn behind the recycling bins in the neighborhood. At first I was cursing out the lazy SOBs who can't be bothered to clean up after themselves, or are too lazy to throw their trash into a bin that is less than 3 feet away from them. This is what I thought when I saw it from 100 yards or more.

Obviously I need new glasses. Because it was groups of crocus. All over the city they have crocus planted in grassy areas. This one is just a little sparse, so I couldn't tell that's what it was.

I was happy it wasn't trash, though.

Speaking of trash, why can't people clean up after themselves? Why do they think that littering is ok? And don't even get me started on the people who let their dogs do their business on the sidewalk and then don't clean it up. I have a whole new vocabulary for THOSE people.

So has spring sprung there? Is it getting ready to?


xxx

1 comment:

Pam said...

Gotta love that auto-focus! Too bad it doesn't auto-matically know what it's supposed to focus on! I've got HUNDREDS of those kinds of pictures...