Thursday, December 29, 2011

almost forgot!

I almost forgot that I haven't shown you a few finished knitted objects. Now that all the presents have been opened, I can share these with you!

They're the gifts I knitted this year. They were a little last minute. I wasn't really planning on knitting any gifts this year, other than one I had made over the summer for my mom to give to a friend of hers. Honestly, I wasn't sure anyone would want anything I would/could make. Not everyone appreciates hand knit things, you know? Not when there are so many awesome things out there in stores, available for so inexpensive, in any color you'd ever be able to imagine.

But it was brought to my attention there were a few things I could make that would be good gifts. Here they are.

cabled legwarmers (pattern here on Ravelry)

These were made for Mom. She wanted something to keep her ankles warm when she's sitting watching tv at night. The yarn is Schachenmayr SMC Bravo Rainbow Color, in blues and grays. I think it's acrylic (can't find the label at the moment). They are so soft, and hopefully cozy!

constellation fingerless mittens (no pattern)

These were made for my sister. She loved my constellation hexipuff, so I thought I'd make her some fingerless mittens with the summer sky on them! They turned out pretty well, I think. I used SMC Select Highland Alpaca Fino, in dark blue. Soft and hopefully warm for those cool evenings that she helps out at the Dark Sky Park at Cherry Springs!

I had fun knitting things to give away. I should do it more often! But maybe think about it ahead of time, rather than two weeks before the package has to be sent! I'm not a very fast knitter, so it was a push to get these done. 

Live and learn, huh?


Start Christmas knitting in January!

No comments: