Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Summer's Here!!!

We had a couple of hot days on at the beginning of this week. It was in the 90s yesterday. For here that’s extreme heat. Most places don’t have air conditioning, including most stores. It’s a good thing I didn’t have to leave the house those days! It was hot inside too, but when you’re sitting in front of a fan, it’s not so bad.

A cold front came through though (or the high pressure area moved, or some weather-related event), and now it’s much cooler. Today it’s in the high 60s, which is MUCH more comfortable, right? With the front, came the storms. Last night most of the country experienced thunderstorms. Some very big, hail-carrying, damaging storms.

fluffy bubbly clouds

Luckily we were spared the heavy storms here. We heard loads of thunder and saw lots of flashes, and had some rain, but that was it. Kind of glad, really. I don’t like bad storms. Scary!

Spook me out!!!

Flashback to high school...


What has everyone been up to lately? Not much is going on here. This FUNemployment stuff is getting old, though. There are so many jobs listed on the few websites that I search, but they’re for managers, or people with years and years of experience, or people who know Dutch, English AND yet another language (usually French or German). It’s discouraging. Plus I can tell that my Dutch is slipping too, since I don’t use it as often.

tsk tsk tsk.

I’m going to have to find something to get me out of the house on a regular basis soon to ward off the crazies. Maybe volunteer somewhere. I used to volunteer at an animal shelter. Cleaning out the cages and things. Maybe I’ll start doing that again. Or maybe the yarn store that is in my neighborhood needs helpers.

ooooohhh.... working with all that yarn.... ooooohhhhh....hmmm. Might have to look into that.

“Don’t you need someone to knit you a sample from that lucious soft yarn?”


yep, might have to look into that...



xxx

No comments: