Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Vacation Part IV: Home again

We got back home this past weekend. Back home in The Netherlands, that is. The trip back was a bit of a problem. We were delayed by almost 4 hours (3 of them after we were already ON the plane). I was very glad at the end of the flight to be on land. Any land. Anywhere besides on that plane.

It’s been difficult to adjust to European time. I have to think twice about what day it is. I’m still suffering from jet lag, I guess. I never really noticed/suffered from jet lag before. Perhaps it’s my age? Does everything have to fall apart after 40? Sheesh. I’ll eventually get back into the swing of things. Back to a regular schedule.

Back to reality. Bleh.

It’s overrated.

All in all, we had a very nice vacation. It had all the elements required. Long and tiring travel, getting rained on, spending time with family and good friends, cook-outs, beach time (very small beach, but sandy none-the-less), experiencing local wildlife, over eating, bug bites.

What more could you ask for in a vacation?

I promise info on the Pittsburgh portion of our vacation will show up soon. I haven’t forgotten about it!


xxx

No comments: