Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Flooding in January

Last month we had some flooding in the area. All the melting snow, and some rain too made for a very high Maas. We went downtown one afternoon, and I filmed this.

That sound is the water rushing by, and some wind too. It was really windy!

Normally it is MUCH slower and lower. It was fun to see an event like this, but it was also scary. I can't imagine if someone had fallen in! Yikes!

How's everyone doing these days? All is good, hopefully! Nothing much new is going on here. I heard that Punxsutawny Phil did not see his shadow last week. Whoopie! Let's hope his weather forecasting reaches all the way over here. I'm ready for some spring by now, too.

We watched the Superbowl on Sunday. Stayed up until 4:30am just to see the Pittsburgh Steelers lose.

*cancels order for 100 Terrible Towels to hand out to everyone she knows in The Netherlands*

There's always next year, I suppose! They have won it 6 times already too. No harm in letting someone else have it right? I'm a fan, but I don't live and die by the score of their games. Besides, I was too tired to care too much. And the commercials this year weren't fabulous. Am I the only one who thought this? There were a few that were good (Little Darth Vadar), but for the most part... meh. Everyone used to so look forward to the ads. Have they gone downhill, do you think?

It's not like I could do better, though.


xxx

No comments: