Thursday, May 24, 2012

Summer is almost here!

The weather has definitely been summery here this week. It was in the low 80s yesterday (that’s high 20s for my Celsius friends), and will be again today I think. I had the windows open yesterday and had that first whiff of summer. You know the one. The warm fresh air smell? Not freshly mowed grass, or flowers, just sun-warmed fresh air. It was lovely. It made me think that summer might not be so bad after all.

Then I had to cook dinner. And the kitchen go overly hot. And I re-thought my previous notion about summer being not so bad.

Anyways, summer is coming, whether I like it or not. Maybe I’ll try to enjoy it this year.

In other news, my friend took me shopping for my birthday (Hi Friend! You know who you are!!!) and gifted me yarn! YAY!!! Yippee!!! I loves me some yarn!

I got this to probably make some socks.

Lana Grossa Meilenweit Tweed ( color #141)

I haven’t found a pattern yet. I have a lot of other projects on my plate right at the moment (which is also fantabulous. Loving the knitty busy. Busy knitty. Ha, there’s a fun new word. Busiknitty.). I’m sure I’ll find something!

She also got me the yarn to make a single-skein scarf.

Lana Grossa Magico II Meilenweit (color #3503)

I’m making Frangiflutti (pattern on Ravelry). The owner of the yarn shop had made one up in this same yarn, and it was really neat. I love how the rows lengthen on one side, and I liked the ribble effect. Fun scarf!

In still more news...my mom and three of her friends came to visit at the beginning of the month. Wow, what a fun week that was! I’ll try and make a separate post about that. In the near future. I hope.

You know how these things go.


xxx

No comments: