Saturday, March 5, 2011

Latest addiciton

Hello everyone!

Are you enjoying your weekend? Anything fun planned? We don’t have a thing planned. It is Carnaval here, beginning Sunday, so we probably will avoid downtown like the plague. I wouldn’t mind walking around there, and seeing everyone’s fun costumes. I don’t even mind getting dressed up myself (it reminds me of Halloween!). But I do mind going into the bars and pubs, where it’s smoky and super crowded and loud. For some reason the people around me can’t seem to separate the two activities, so we just don’t go. But that’s ok. Who wants to end up smelling like a drunk ashtray anyways?

As promised, I am here to show you my latest yarny project. I am knitting a baby blanket.

here's the pattern, if you want to try it too!

I don’t know who is going to receive it yet. It will just be stored until it’s needed. I was anxious to do an actual project, rather than just swatches. I have so many scarves now that I don’t know what to do with them, so I thought I would start with a small blanket.

I got some new needles to begin my knitting career too. Did you see them? I ordered them from a store here in The Netherlands, but I think they are the same as these that I have seen on KnitPicks.com and long admired. They are very nice to use, I can recommend them to anyone who wants to buy circular needles. Though I’m a beginner, so what do I know?

I think it’s going to take me a while to finish this blanket, but already I am thinking of my next project. I would like to do some fingerless gloves/wrist warmers. Martha Stewart has a pattern that doesn’t look too difficult. Though it says to use double pointed needles. I’m wondering if it would be easier to use a really short circular needle instead. Any knitters out there who can give me some advice?

no?

ok, I’ll just wing it and give it a shot! I’ll let you know how it goes!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!


xxx

1 comment:

Risa said...

you knit beautifully! my friend who knits a ton LOVES the scarf you made me! She was impressed with your tension! I miss you! I love reading your blog!

Hi Ludi!!

XOXOXO - Lis