Thursday, January 6, 2011

Rough week

I'm having a rough week at work. Well, more than a week really. 2010 was a very difficult year, and it's not looking like this year will be much better. There were more staff changes this week. The last ones made (in the first half of the year) didn't bother me as much as these. Going to work is now depressing.

I'm very happy that I am still employed. But I can't help but wonder for how much longer?  Time will tell.

Anyways, I was working on a new hooking project over the weekend. Looky!

new slippers!

I found a pattern for crocheted adult slippers online (most of them out there are kids sizes) that looked fairly easy. I had some extra yarn laying around (well, actually, I recycled it from The Legwarmer Fiasco), so I gave it a shot. These were done with three strands of yarn for extra warmth. And they are great! I was easily able to size them to fit my huge boat-like feet too. +1 to patterns with easy adaptations! They are actually big enough to wear extra socks with them, for those extra cold nights. NICE!

How's the weather where you are? Ours is improving. It's gotten warmer and is raining, so now the snow is gone. The ice underneath the snow is taking much longer to melt though. Hopefully by this weekend it will all be gone and I won't have to walk like a penguin anymore! And even more hope that we don't have much more snow for the rest of the winter. Just a flake here and there is ok, but no storms. We've had enough, thanks!


Did I just jinx us? eeks...



xxx

No comments: