Friday, December 24, 2010

1 day and 10 minutes...

(or it was...when I started writing this post. I'm too slow, I guess!)


It's the day before the night before Christmas! And I'm busy busy busy bein' good...

We had a Christmas record growing up that had a song by that name on it. We used to listen to it all the time. I can still sing it now!

Remember I said that our white Christmas might go away? Well, I don't think it's going to. The warmer temps that they were forecasting never came. It's stayed cold. And today it's been snowing almost all day. Buses stopped running, most people are staying in. Heck, even the POLICE are staying in unless called out in an emergency! So it must be bad, huh?

Maybe I should go walk in the beautiful snow while it's almost completely silent in the city? No cars coming and going, no motor scooters whining/whizzing by, no neighborhood yokels testing their fireworks before New Year's Eve. And that is why I love winter and snow. It's magically still and serene.

Makes me kind of glad that I have tomorrow off.

But Ludi has to work, so that kind of worries me. I hope he makes it in safely.

It hasn't really felt like Christmas was coming this week to me.  Maybe because I was off of work last week, and there were some festivities on Friday that kind of made it feel like a goal had been reached. It felt like a normal work week this week. I hope that feeling changes tomorrow, and I get back into The Christmas Spirit.


Stay warm!


xxx

No comments: