Wednesday, August 25, 2010

a scary tale

I had to share this with you.

Last night near bedtime (well, after bedtime, but just before going to bed) I was winding down my day by doing a little Internet surfing. I had some music playing in my headphones and was just chilaxin'.

Until I saw something moving on the floor out of the corner of my eye. I quickly looked down, and saw a SPIDER!!!!! It had crawled from under my desk, where MY FEET WERE, to underneath Ludi's desk. Since I don't deal well with spiders, I did what any scaredycat would do.

I promptly called for Ludi to come take care of it.

He did a good job too, catching it in a cup. Of course, he proceeded to then tease me with the trapped-in-a-cup spider, but oh well... we can't have everything, can we?

of course I got a picture

It was a giant of a spider. Not tarantula sized, but still. When you're a chicken like me, it's HUGE. And it moved really fast. EEEEEEKS!!! I didn't notice until I looked at the picture though that it has hairy legs. I DID notice at the time that it has fang-type things.

It gives me the heebie-geebies just thinking about it. *gah*

it's coming to get me!

We employed a catch-and-release strategy with this beast. Once it was in the cup, we opened the window and threw it out.


"and STAY out!"


xxx

No comments: