Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summer is HERE!

Summer is hitting us hard this week. It was in the 80s all weekend, and will continue to be until Friday. Then it changes a little, and goes into the 90s. Ugh. We don't have AC.

Ugh.

I can feel myself wilting already.

On Sunday I was enjoying the smells of summer. The breeze coming in through the kitchen window (fresh air), the scent of some mysterious flower somewhere in the neighborhood. There are so many flowering things around the apartment that I'm not positive what I was smelling, but I suspect it was this.

the culprit

A dainty little yellow flower. There's a long oval kind of leaf right next to the flower clusters (you can see that at the top of the picture). The actual tree leaves are bigger (seen in the lower right corner of the photo).

the big picture

It's a huge tree, and the tree is covered with those little yellow blossoms. The street is lined with them, so we get a lot of the perfumed air in the apartment. Actually, there are hundreds of these trees in Maastricht. I can't figure out what they are though.

leaves and bark of mystery tree

Anyone know? If you could let me know, that would be great!

Stay cool, everyone!


xxx

No comments: