Wednesday, October 19, 2011

It's Hump Day!

Happy Hump Day all!

How's everyone doing? Getting ready for Halloween? Got those pumpkins carved? Perhaps it's a little early for that. They'd rot by Halloween, wouldn't they. Unless that was the look you were going for. For instance, if you carved an old lady face on your pumpkin. The sagging and wrinkling would be totally appropriate!

Have all the leaves changed where you are? We have seen some here, but it's not at it's peak yet. Probably another week or two? Unless it rains and storms the entire time, and then the peak will be all over the ground. tee hee!

I've been trying to keep myself busy. Making dvds of the home movies from our trip to Germany last April. Yep, I'm just getting to it now. I'm totally lazy. And I've stepped up my search for a job. I had an appointment last week with the social services people here who help with people who've been unemployed for so long that they need help re-integrating into working society. Maybe they'll be that extra push that I need to get me networking and find something. Because FUNemployment blows.

Though I wouldn't mind waiting until after Christmas to find something. Shame on me, huh? Waiting even longer to find a job. But...but...it's Christmas. The Most Wonderful Time of the Year. 'Tis the Season to be Jolly. I can't be jolly if I'm stressin' over work, now can I?

Well, alright, I'll keep looking for work. But if it doesn't happen, I'll try not to be all depressed about it. ;)

I've also been knitting, as I'm SURE you guessed. I have done some more hexipuffs. I am so addicted.

squeeeeee!!! squishy and lovely puffs!

I had 26 made when I took this picture a few days ago. Now I have at least two more. I am really loving the duplicate stitching ones. (The ones with the pictures on them.) They're so much fun! And add just a little something special. I love that you can personalize it, making whatever your mind can imagine on the puffs. My favorite puff is not pictured in this pile, because I made it after I took this photo. I'll be sure to show you, though, when the sun comes back out and I can get a decent picture.

I finished something else a week or so ago too. A scarf/shawl.

close up

 full view

It is a little smaller than I intended. But perhaps that's good, because then it won't be too heavy (and too warm). I'm sorry to say I don't have any measurements on this for you. The original pattern called for a lighter weight yarn, and called for it to be longer, but I was afraid I would run out of yarn, so I made it shorter. It still fits, so that's good! I just love the shape too, the crescent. I think I'm going to find more patterns in this shape to make. They're lovely! Maybe I'll try something lacy too. I will have to practice on that though. So far I haven't liked what I've tried. Maybe I just need to keep slogging through it, and when it's done and blocked, then I'll be more satisfied with the looks of it.

ooh, maybe that means I'll have to buy more yarn.


Oh darn.


tee hee!!!!



xxx

1 comment:

Pam said...

Love the shawl! And the puffies!